Ten Reasons Ethical Culture Might Be Right For You
If you’re not practicing your religion…
maybe you’re practicing ours.
- We affirm the worth, dignity, and uniqueness of every human being.
- Reason, compassion, and responsibility are central to our community.
- We strive to protect the earth on which we are all dependent.
- We celebrate life’s joys and support each other through life’s crises.
- We work together to improve our world and the world of our children.
- We help our children internalize their own code of ethics and rely on it when they face difficult choices.
- Our religion concentrates on this life, rather than on some afterlife.
- Our relationships with other human beings are more important than agreeing on the existence of a supreme being.
- Deed is more important than creed.
- We believe life is most meaningful when it is lived ethically.